Thread: "Body School"

"Body School"

Randy Albright, the technical representative from US Chemical who presented at Wintertech, has volunteered to put on a one-day school on the use of body products in restoration.

One of the WinterTech attendees asked about the classes that randy taught and whether club member could join them. Randy's response was not to mix body shop employees with hobbyists but to shorten the presentation from 2-3 days to a single day. The scope of the class should be similar to the WinterTech presentation but in more depth and demonstrations. It should cover everything in the paint preparation process from covering bare metal, filling spots, final filler applications, sanding, color sanding and more.

It would be held at the US Chemical facility in Maissillon OH (near Canton OH, about 45 minutes from Ellis's). If anyone is interested, please post here or send me an email. We need about 10 attendees to make it work.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A

Re: "Body School"

Quote Originally Posted by JimVillers View Post
    Randy Albright, the technical representative from US Chemical who presented at Wintertech, has volunteered to put on a one-day school on the use of body products in restoration.

One of the WinterTech attendees asked about the classes that randy taught and whether club member could join them. Randy's response was not to mix body shop employees with hobbyists but to shorten the presentation from 2-3 days to a single day. The scope of the class should be similar to the WinterTech presentation but in more depth and demonstrations. It should cover everything in the paint preparation process from covering bare metal, filling spots, final filler applications, sanding, color sanding and more.

It would be held at the US Chemical facility in Maissillon OH (near Canton OH, about 45 minutes from Ellis's). If anyone is interested, please post here or send me an email. We need about 10 attendees to make it work.

I would depending on the schedule
    time and if I didn't already have something scheduled. I talked with Randy before dinner at the Tech session and I think I could learn a lot from his class.
    Dean Turner
    1960 190SL
    1964 Porsche 356SC

The one day school would be free to members.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A

Jim,

I'm interested. Please let me know when.

Thanks,

Rich
    Rich

I would also be interested.

Steve
    Steve Maiocco

1956 190SL #6500717 ("Lucy")- needs refreshing
    1961 190SL #20074- in pieces
    1984 380SL ("Faith")
    1958 Chevy Apache