Thread: Shop in DFW area

Shop in DFW area

My car is for sale online. The one message I received in response to the ad (sigh) was from a woman who is trying to understand how to get her Dad's 1961 190sl appraised and fixed so it looks like mine, for her 85 year old widowed mother. Her Dad had bought the car in 1961 new, had it shipped to Manila, then on to Texas when they moved back there.

She is in Dallas/Ft Worth area. I know about Will Samples, but from the last message, it looks like his waiting time for work is 6+ months.

She will want the car appraised, then work done. I have 3-4 pictures, it looks like the paint is very nice, as is the interior. So she thinks she is not dealing with a basket case, but who knows. Does anyone know of another shop in DFW which could do the work, without long delays?

I suggested she sign up here to the Club, but she asked me to post this instead.

Mark

PS I am going to keep my own car for now. It is wonderful to drive, needs nothing, looks like it should be in a museum, gets waves from everyone while on the road, and has appreciated and appreciated while I've owned it.

Re: Shop in DFW area

Give her my number I would like to bid the job now that I am near Denver.. 480 488 1804 Mark Passarelli www.ranchomerced.com

Re: Shop in DFW area

Hi. I will mention it, but she has no clue what the car needs, so until she gets a local assessment, she is not sending it anywhere.

Mark