Thread: 2017 New Hampshire Convention

2017 New Hampshire Convention

The 2017 Convention of the 190SL Group will be held October 9 through 13 at the Eagle Mountain House in Jackson, NH. The Eagle Mountain House is one of the old New Hampshire Tourist Hotels built in the late 1800's when guests arrived by train to Conway and stagecoach from there. It is on a national register of historic hotels. Facilities are onsite to accommodate all our functions. The show and Concours will be on the town's athletic fields in a more public area.

We changed the dates from a week earlier, considering that we should still have foliage and that the Columbus day holiday weekend fell within the previous schedule With very heavy traffic and crowds. This should give us less crowding of roads and local accommodations.

Drives are planned for a day in the White Mountains and a day in the Lakes region around Lake Winnipesaukee. We'll also have an opportunity to drive up the Mt. Washington Auto Road or take the Cog Railway train guided tour to the summit.

We're very fortunate to have Bill Jones, one of our members who lives in Coastal Maine, volunteer to lead the After the Ball tour of that area. There is lots to see and do on the Maine coast. Bill is an experienced auto tour leader and knows where it is.

Eagle Mountain House: 1-(603) 383-9111, block of 60 rooms under 190SL Group
    Rate $185.38 for two persons in a room inclusive of breakfast, housekeeping gratuities, taxes and fees. Check in Oct 9, check out Oct 13.

ATB: Ramada Inn in Ellsworth, ME, check in Oct 13, Check out Oct 16 (3 nights). 1-(207) 667-9341. Room block in Club's name. Hotel is closed for the season till April 14, at which time rooms may be reserved. Any problems, ask for Lynn Jordan.

ATB: Country Inn in Camden, ME, check in Oct 16, check out Oct 18 (2 nights). 1- (207) 236-2725.
    The 2017 Convention of the 190SL Group will be held October 9 through 13 at the Eagle Mountain House in Jackson, NH. The Eagle Mountain House is one of the old New Hampshire Tourist Hotels built in the late 1800's when guests arrived by train to Conway and stagecoach from there. It is on a national register of historic hotels. Facilities are onsite to accomodate all our functions. The show and Concours will be on the town's athletic fields in a more public area.

THIS IS A REVISED POST, REWRITTEN TO SUMMARIZE MANY SHORT POSTS AND INCLUDE HOTEL BOOKING INFORMATION

Re: 2017 New Hampshire Convention

Bob, could you give us the exact dates and contact information for the Eagle Mountain House? Are reservations held in the name of the 190SL Group? Is this now confirmed with the Hotel? Thanks.
    Jack English
    1960 #15229 Since 1972
    1971 MBZ 300SEL 6.3 Since 1983
    1999 MBZ 430E Factory Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Jack English View Post
    Bob, could you give us the exact dates and contact information for the Eagle Mountain House? Are reservations held in the name of the 190SL Group? Is this now confirmed with the Hotel? Thanks.
    Check in and register Monday, October 9, check out Friday, October 13, room block in name of 190SL International Group, yes, this is confirmed and contracted.
    This will all be in the Enthusiast later, but for those wanting to know now, that's what the Forum is for. Phone number is (603) 383-9111. Group sales rep is Emily LaRiviere, in case you get a "duh?" from reservations. After a few calls, that potential should disappear.
    Last edited by rmerrell; 12-07-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Add info.

As Bob indicated in his first post, I volunteered to run the ATB tours. If you want to tour the rugged and beautiful coast of Maine this is your chance! The basic itinerary for the ATB tours is we will depart the Eagle Mountain House on Friday morning October 13, 2017 working our way out of the White Mountains into Maine heading for Ellsworth Maine. We should be in peak leaves the week of the convention and follow peak leaves across Maine to the Maine coast since peak is about a week earlier in the White Mountains than the coast of Maine. We will tour downeast Maine and Acadia National Park with a base at the Ramada Inn in Ellsworth. The Ramada is currently closed for the season and will reopen 4/14/17. There is a block of rooms reserved in the name of the club. The most knowlegable contact at the Ramada is Lynn Jordan 207-667-9341. The block is 3 nights for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, October 13,14 and 15. We will tour down the coast Monday 10/16 to Camden Maine on Penobscot Bay with a block of rooms reserved for Monday and Tuesday nights at the Country Inn 207-236-2725
    Bill Jones

Visiting New England has been on my bucket list for a very long time, have never made it past Boston. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Walt

[QUOTE=rmerrell;96821]The 2017 Convention will be held in Jackson, NH, at the Eagle Mountain House. The Eagle Mountain house is a historic old NH hotel from the railroad and stagecoach era, when guest arrived there by those means.

We've changed the dates from the originally announced dates of a week earlier. We did this after considering that the foliage would still be good and that the October 2 date is very heavy traffic and crowds due to Columbus Day holiday falling within it. The change will give us less traffic and crowding at local accommodations.

Do I have the wrong dates for the convention? I thought that the dates were changed to Oct 9 - 13. I just called the Eagle Mountain House to reserve a room and was told that our dates show as Oct 2 through Oct 5. So I couldn't make a reservation at our group rate for October 9 -13. Dave said to call 603-383-9111 and ask for Linda Boyer the new coordinator or please let me know if I have the wrong dates! Thanks!!

The dates are indeed Oct 9 through 13. I spoke with Linda Boyer, the coordinator of group sales at the hotel today. The dates have been corrected with reservations and we made sure no members had been reserved for the earlier date. I think it was a case of left hand-right hand in the office, but we're assured they have it correct now. Sorry for your problem Mary Ann. We're holding a block of 60 rooms. Ms Boyer says they're almost full for that week. Foliage season will do that. Of course, they're counting the 60 rooms in the block when they say that. I believe its a 95 room facility. Take on this is don't wait till the last minute. 60 rooms should be adequate, but should we go over, rooms at other places will be tight.

The dates for the Convention are indeed October 9 through 13. I spoke with Linda Boyer, the hotel's coordinator for group events, today. Reservation's not having the right date was apparently an inter office left hand- right hand matter, but reservations now has the correct dates. Sorry for your problem, Mary Ann.
    Ms. Boyer says they're almost full for our week, but of course that's considering we're holding a block of 60 rooms. I believe it's a 95 room facility. Foliage season will do that. Take on this is don't wait till the last minute. 60 rooms should adequately accommodate us, but if we fill it, rooms elsewhere will be tight. Rooms go off the block August 18th.

There's been a staff change at the hotel. Linda Boyer is now the group sales coordinator, Emelie LaRiviere is now in another position on the staff.

I'm an inexpert Forum user, so this may appear elsewhere, too.

The number to call for reservations is: (603) 383-9111

Some calls are going to Ms Boyer's number which must have been accidently posted. She can't do reservations, so she just has to refer the callers. Besides that, you'll usually just get her voicemail, further delaying the process.

Quote Originally Posted by 49willard View Post
    As Bob indicated in his first post, I volunteered to run the ATB tours. If you want to tour the rugged and beautiful coast of Maine this is your chance! The basic itinerary for the ATB tours is we will depart the Eagle Mountain House on Friday morning October 13, 2017 working our way out of the White Mountains into Maine heading for Ellsworth Maine. We should be in peak leaves the week of the convention and follow peak leaves across Maine to the Maine coast since peak is about a week earlier in the White Mountains than the coast of Maine. We will tour downeast Maine and Acadia National Park with a base at the Ramada Inn in Ellsworth. The Ramada is currently closed for the season and will reopen 4/14/17. There is a block of rooms reserved in the name of the club. The most knowlegable contact at the Ramada is Lynn Jordan 207-667-9341. The block is 3 nights for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, October 13,14 and 15. We will tour down the coast Monday 10/16 to Camden Maine on Penobscot Bay with a block of rooms reserved for Monday and Tuesday nights at the Country Inn 207-236-2725
    Mr Jones,

Just to confirm, the dates for 'After the Ball' will be from 10/13 thru 10/17. We are trying to schedule our vacations.

Regards

Joe Stieber
    Joe Stieber
    Early, TX
    '56 190SL
    '72 250

Joe,
    You have the correct dates. I have set up a total of 5 days of touring with the final day Tuesday the 17th on the St.George Penninsula and the Owl's Head Museum of Transportation.
    Bill
    Bill Jones

October
    Arrive Depart
    .9.......13.......Eagle Mtn House....603 383 9111
    13.......16.......Ramada................207 667 9341
    16.......18.......Country Inn.......... 207 236 2725

Quote Originally Posted by wpuryear View Post
    October
    Arrive Depart
    .9.......13.......Eagle Mtn House....603 383 9111
    13.......16.......Ramada................207 667 9341
    16.......18.......Country Inn.......... 207 236 2725
    Walt, Thanks for summarizing. As I indicated above, the Ramada in Ellsworth is currently closed and will re open 4/14/17, after which you can make your reservations at the Ramada.
    Bill Jones