Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Store Item - Weber Adapter Plate

Gerry Lazo 56 190SL owner

Re: New Store Item - Weber Adapter Plate

Francesco,

My chokes are 28. I took Jim's recommendation a long time ago and reduced mine down from 32's
    Gerry Lazo
    56 190SL (6500870)

I installed these over the weekend - replacing the adapters available from other sources. The fit and install is much easier b/c of the studs for the airlog mounting. The allen head bolts to mount the plates to the carbs is also superior to the phillip head flush mount screws needed for the previous version.

Two thumbs up.

Only issue - which isn't unique to the club adapters - with the thickness of the recommended Weber soft mounts (spacer w/ o-rings on both sides) and the air-log adapter there is very little space between the airlog and passenger side heater core. I may have to find a thinner option for mounting Webers. I have small pad to cushion the heater core for now but some extra space would be nice as the engine will move under load. If the next batch of mounts could be made any thinner that would help as well.
    Dave

Dave .... We cannot make the adapters thinner because of the thickness of the bolt heads and the thickness of the vent slot. I do have an adapter that was made from 1/8 steel with the studs welded onto the plate and then the carburetor float vents fitted against a welded vent in the air log. I used that for many years and that is where I discovered the importance of the float vent to the Weber operation.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Boxster 'S'; Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A; 1958 190SL "Frosty"

You're right .. there's really little space.
    I have shortened a little the studs to allow the air log to get in better..
    Francesco
    Francesco
    190 SL 1961 - (ex US OZF-810) 121040-10-020522
    Lat. : 43į 58í 25.2156Ē N
    Long. : 10į 10í 6.6396Ē E

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123