Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Store Item - Weber Adapter Plate

Re: New Store Item - Weber Adapter Plate

Gerry,

With properly adjusted Solex accelerator pumps, air fuel ratio will dip very low (less than 10:1 as I recall) for a second or two.

Walt

Gerry .... Yes, too rich will also cause a "flat spot" in the 2500-3000 area. This is the area of overlap between the idle jet and the main jet. I normally try a leaner idle jet first and that usually cures most of the flat spot.

Accelerator jets are interesting, they not only provide a shot of fuel when the throttle is depressed, but they also provide some enrichment at higher revs.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Boxster 'S'; Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A; 1958 190SL "Frosty"

Quote Originally Posted by walazos View Post

This is what my fresh motor likes
    Idle F8-45
    Main 125
    Emulsion tubes F2
    Air correction 200

I ended at 1 3/4 to 2 turns on the mixture screws. Some of the research indicates the older Webers like to be around 2 turns. I would open the holes.
    Gerry,

Are the details above with the club adapter plate? I had similar issues to others. I had an open adapter plate which I replaced with the club adapter plate. After that the engine would not run at all. I then went back to the open style plate. My idle jet is F8/55? It is a 55? because my mechanic was drilling the jets as he tested the new Webers, so I am not sure of the measurement.
    Other details:
    Air 180
    Emulsion Tube F11
    Main 120. Similar story here. These were also drilled so I am not sure of the actual size.

The Webers are new and the engine was rebuilt and has 700 miles on it.

Thanks,
    Jay Morris
    Jay Morris- Katy, TX

Jay .... You might want to check your air filter. If it is very restrictive, that would cause the club plate to not work. Likewise, that would cause all of your jetting to be "very lean" to adjust to the pressure differential.

You can buy a Weber jet gauge to measure your actual setup. (Pierce Manifolds, $34)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weber-98.0135.00-2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	30718  
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Boxster 'S'; Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A; 1958 190SL "Frosty"

Gerry Lazo 56 190SL owner

Jay,

Jim is correct. I tuned my Webers 3 times. Once with old adapter plates no air cleaner. When I hooked up the air cleaner the settings all changed. I ended up making the K&N modification. Second time was with old plates and new filter attached. The set up you mentioned is the final settings with air cleaner attached. I do know that the second settings went very lean when I swapped the club plates. It ran very rough until I richened it up.
    Gerry Lazo
    56 190SL (6500870)

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will order the sizing kit and check the other items.

Thanks

Jay
    Jay Morris- Katy, TX

I measured the drilled jets.

The idle jets measure at 65 and is not 55. The main jet measures at 115. All jets are drilling the same.

So my set up is :
    F8/65 180/F11/115.

I noticed the sparkplugs are pretty black. So with the 65 idle jet I may be too rich.

I found an air leak around the bottom of the left carb manifold. Maybe the mechanic drilled the jet to 65 to compensate for the extra air from the leak.

The next step is to correct the air leak before I reinstall the club adapter and start changing jets.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Jay Morris- Katy, TX

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234