Thread: Registry Question and New Owner Info

Registry Question and New Owner Info

Good morning all,

Recently joined the forum and I'm a new 190SL owner. Sorry in advance if this question has been addressed...

Regarding the 190SL Registry...is the registry available to be viewed to check out ownership information? It would be nice to compare figures, options, colors and any other interesting information that could be gleaned. The Pagoda registries seem more forthcoming with ownership information etc.

I've acquired a very, very early '58. In fact, it is technically a very, very late '57 (last two weeks of December 1957 production) that was carried over into the '58 year as it is registered as a 1958. I am also under the sneaking suspicion that my car was previously restored by Bruce Adams; but my research is vague at best. Does anyone still have his contact information? I'd love to know if he might have any interesting information on my car.

Thanks!

Ryan Lawrence
    Orange County, CA

Re: Registry Question and New Owner Info

Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to the forum. A registry was once contemplated but never really begun so that information doesn’t really exist. You might browse the Tech Info section above for tons of other info though.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by wpuryear View Post
    Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome to the forum. A registry was once contemplated but never really begun so that information doesnít really exist. You might browse the Tech Info section above for tons of other info though.

Walt
    Walt,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was under the impression the 190 group would have already had this information as itís website has the page for owners to submit their chassis number and info for compiling. Oh well. I was hoping to see how early my car was for the 1958 year as itís chassis ends in 7503270. I have my fingers crossed that itís one of the first to be considered a 58 that was rolled over from the 57 production line. Iím very excited to start enjoying the car! It was restored in ivory over red leather but was also pleased to know that it was originally a black car. Leaves my options open for the future!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F98D7067-7DA7-4D49-A016-7C15A60FE7F1.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	31015  

7503270 would be considered by most as a '57 regardless of the year registered or sold. The last production car in '57 was 5703352. Ivory is one of my favorite 190sl colors.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by dabigpud View Post

I have my fingers crossed that itís one of the first to be considered a 58 that was rolled over from the 57 production line. !
    Ryan, I believe you are hoping for something that is irrelevant. My understanding is that back in that 190sl days, Mercedes did not use model years. No 190sl was considered to be a 1958 model by Merecedes. It was a 190sl with a s/n and is was built a certain year. It may have been "given" a model year when registered in the US. Or maybe not.
    Tom D.
    1961 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by tommd View Post
    Ryan, I believe you are hoping for something that is irrelevant. My understanding is that back in that 190sl days, Mercedes did not use model years. No 190sl was considered to be a 1958 model by Merecedes. It was a 190sl with a s/n and is was built a certain year. It may have been "given" a model year when registered in the US. Or maybe not.
    Tom, I believe you are totally correct. Under the impression that it was simply registered as a Ď58 for US use. Iíll get more details soon when I get the data card info back from the Classic Center in Irvine.