Thread: 190SL Car Restoration

turk011

190SL Car Restoration

I have a partially restored 1961 MB 190Sl that was given to me by my father. I am looking for a reputable car restoration shop in NW Florida that could handle the restore. Does anyone have info on a shop in my area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, you won't do better anywhere near you than 190 SL Services in North Carolina. Take a look at their restoration, still in progress, on My New Car. Before you make ANY decisions, do yourself a big favor and come to the 190SL Group Athens Convention Sept 28th in Athens, GA. You will see, learn and experience more about your car and its potential than you imagined.
    John Lewenauer - Newsletter Editor - Regional Director
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

CLICK HERE TO ENJOY SOME PICTURES OF THE CAR

Turk011 ..... Please put your name in your signature and your location in your profile so that we talk as "people".

"Restoration" and "restoration" is not always the same when done by a body shop and by a shop like Bruce's. You need to be honest on how much money you want to spend and what you want the car to be and do when you are finished. As John says, come to the Convention in Athens, look at the cars and talk to many of us who have answered the "how much" and "what the car will do" questions in different manners.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Boxster 'S'; Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911

Bill Lamb
    The club book has a chapter on restorations, how to manage and budget them, and what the possibilities are. I suggest you purchase this book from the club store. It's full of information on many topics.

turk011
    Thanks guys for the good advice. Just finding out where to start can be the hardest part.