Thread: Selling my 1959 190sl race car!

Selling my 1959 190sl race car!

I am selling my 1959 190SL race car to help buy a 1956 Mercedes Benz Gullwing. I am going to get Bruce to build me another out of a 1955 190SL that I have in storage after I enjoy and then sell the Gullwing. Here are the spec's on the car:

Up for sale is a RARE - 1959 Mercedes Benz 190SL Vintage SCCA Race Car. Car has a South Carolina Title and it has a Georgia registration (historic).If you are looking for a solid race car / street car vintage race car for affordable price here is your chance. The car has an original Mercedes Benz 190SL 4cyl motor in it. The Engine/Tranny are rock solid and car is a solid performer. Absolutely no issues and is Street and Track Legal. VIN# A1210407501275 (car is NOT a kit). Car took over a year to build and over 65k in modifications to include a Racing Fuel racing cell, full roll cage, Kirkey Race Seats (2), Simpson Harness and all applicable mods required for certification. It is SCCA and VDCA Certified and has been raced in both of these circuits. A subsequent engine build was completed in May 2005 by Sports Leicht Restoration in Pinehurst, NC. Recent updates include an improved (new) water pump as well as the addition of new Yokahoma AVS ES100 performance tires for street use. The Front Spindles and Kingpins are from a Mercedes Benz 280SE 4.5 (1970). Front Brakes are Discs and are from a MB 280SE 4.5 (1970). Front Wheel Bearings are from a MB 280SE 4.5 (1970). Brake Pads Hawk HTB 171 E 590 Blue Compound. Fuel Pump is a P74019 Carter. The Fuel Filter 86054 Carquest. Rear Coil Springs are Eibach 111.500.0275. The Front Coil Springs are Landrum D-600-0. The Shocks are Carrera. The Generator has been replaced with a GM Alternator for better power. The Belt is CarQuest RBR 7410. The car performance top Speed is 115MPH. The car has a 190SL engine with duel Weber Carburetors and an oversize Cam for Racing. This car is 100% and will drive out Perfect. The car has a Plexie glass windscreen that will come with the car.

The car is on ebay also. $39995.00
    Matthew Steakley

Pictures

Pictures at www.automobilesholdingsandacq.com
    Matthew Steakley

Based on the serial number the car is a 1957.
    Ed Rivkin
    1959 190SL

How about some shots of the Gullwing?

I'm so jealous!
    Dave

Thanks ED!

Thanks Ed! I have never took the time to look at the year vin because it was just a race car.You are right it is a 1957 but the real vin is #1210407502940. I found the orginal MB plate just right of the radiator on the pass side with it stamped into the car. When I bought the car 3 years ago I got the title and registration and it stated 1959 and I never looked into it. Thanks for the post because it got me thinking.

matt
    Matthew Steakley

300sl

Dave,

I will send pictures after the deal is done. I have to keep my connection on the down low. It needs some TLC but is priced right for me. I like yourself love both the 190sl and 300sl.

Matt
    Matthew Steakley

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    Dave,

I will send pictures after the deal is done. I have to keep my connection on the down low. It needs some TLC but is priced right for me. I like yourself love both the 190sl and 300sl.

Matt
    $ 300SL TLC = 10X $ 190SL TLC (or more)

If it is cosmetics, that is on a par with the 190SL, but if it is 300SL specific or mechanical, watch out. I am constantly amazed at the price of 300SL parts. Sometimes I just shake my head and buy extras as the next time the part is needed, it WILL cost more. Then again, I am happy when I get the "right" part from Mercedes. It beats having to make it, usually.

Have fun,
    Walt...
    Walt in the West says: Don't ask: "Use the SEARCH Luke"
    1959 190SL DB050 with 333 leather blue ("It's Alive!" - 653 miles) Chassis 14445
    1961 300SL Roadster DB608 with red - fresh brakes and rebuilt engine hung in - more work coming!

Smile Yes Walter

Yes Walter,

It is a liitle of both. I don't think it is nothing I can't handle but if it is I can always sell it and drive one of my 190sl! HAHAH!

Thanks

matt
    Matthew Steakley