Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WinterTech 2008 Thread

Thumbs up The Official WinterTech 2008 Thread

This is the official thread for information and registration for WinterTech 2008 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin beginning Friday, February 8th, 2008. A PDF file is attached below and can be viewed and downloaded with all of the curriculum, registration, hotel, airport and social information.

Registration will be limited to 190 SL Group members only, a maximum of 50 participants to keep class sizes manageable and will begin Wednesday, Dec. 5th in order to give forum viewers a chance to see this information. Registration will be limited to 35 participants until one week after the Jan/Feb newsletter is mailed to allow non-forum viewers a chance to join.

Please use the following method to register and reserve your place on a first come, first served basis beginning Dec 5, 2007:

Email - jlewenauer@gmail.com - with the subject line WT08. In the email include your name and address.
    Mail your payment made out to John Lewenauer to the address in the PDF document, payment must be received within 10 days of your email to reserve your place.

When your email registration is properly received (Dec. 5th or later) a return email will be sent to you. If you do not receive a return email, please re-register or contact me at jlewenauer@gmail.com. Registration Emails received before Dec 5th will be deleted.

YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN TRAVEL, HOTEL AND LOCAL TRANSPORTATION RESERVATIONS. Please note the preferred hotel rate is good only until Jan. 15th and should be identified as 190 SL GROUP.

This event is designed to be fast paced, in depth, educational and FUN. We are hoping you will leave tired rather than wanting for more. Please alert non-forum viewing club members to the information contained herein so that they might have a chance to register too. You can email them the PDF file and a link to this thread. As the registration process moves forward a list of participants will be posted.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in February and we'll hope mother nature behaves herself in the sunny midwest!

Please note: I cannot access the above referenced email during working hours, but will respond as soon as possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John Lewenauer - Newsletter Editor - Regional Director
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Bruce Adams

Agenda - WT08

WHAT!!!!!!!! no log rolling or ax throwing. In anticipation for this Wisconsin event, I have been practicing my lumberjack skills.

Nice job John, Larry, & Michael - content looks terrific, very well organized (to be expected as John (anal) Lewenauer is the host), & sets a new standard. See you in WI without, I guess, my ax.
    Last edited by Bruce Adams; 11-29-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Adams View Post
    WHAT!!!!!!!! no log rolling or axe throwing. In anticpation for this Wisconsin event, I have been practicing my lumberjack skills.
    That's been replaced with skiving and welding! And, we didn't want you to freeze your axe off. But, just the same, don't forget your shorts and sandals...

Nice job John, Larry, & Michael - content looks terrific, very well organized (to be expected as John (anal) Lewenauer is the host), & sets a new standard. See you in WI without, I guess, my axe.
    I'm anal? Wait until you meet Michael!
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Transportation at the site

John,

Do you recommend rental cars? I see that the hotel has a shuttle to the AP; however, I mapquested the locations of the events and they do not seem to be within walking distance. What do you recommend...

Rob
    Rob Lias
    56, 190SL (00777) (Current Project)
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by ralias View Post
    John,

Do you recommend rental cars? I see that the hotel has a shuttle to the AP; however, I mapquested the locations of the events and they do not seem to be within walking distance. What do you recommend...

Rob
    I'll have to call the hotel and ask when their shuttle runs. No, it's not walking distance to the various locations, about a 5-8 minute drive.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Please note that I have changed my email address in the post and document above to jlewenauer@gmail.com My hope is to have a "clean" email box for the event and not lose your responses in spam.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Quote Originally Posted by SLover View Post
    Please note that I have changed my email address in the post and document above to jlewenauer@gmail.com My hope is to have a "clean" email box for the event and not lose your responses in spam.
    And you're not anal!
    Larry Rotta

"Zest" '76 Porsche 912E #874 1st Place 912 Registry, 2007
    "Blueberry" '61 190SL #20250 sold 3/2010
    "Liberty" 30' reproduction antique motor yacht
    "Picnic" 12' Beetle Cat sailboat

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Rotta View Post
    And you're not anal!
    Was I cleaning under my car at 4:00 in the morning in Lexington?
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

RonRapp
    Larry, I thought that you we sleeping there!

Quote Originally Posted by ralias View Post
    John,

Rob
    The shuttle runs to the airport, you'd need to make your own arrangements. I can also reserve the shuttle between 8 am - 10 pm to take/pick up people to/from the shop and restaurants. The shuttle holds nine. I'm not sure how we'd coordinate all of the transportation arrangements for every participant. At the last WT, people found rides with others, drove in their own cars and rented cars. I need to check out another possibility, so please re-check this reply.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

John, for the sake of clarity (and anality), you said no emails received prior to Dec 5th would be accepted. However, as many of us live in different time zones, 2201 pm Dec 4th for me would be 0001 Dec 5th in your time zone. Please be specific for those of us waiting anxiuosly for registration to begin, since we would hate to get shut out of the class and have flashbacks to the courses we could never register for in college!!!! So what time zone are you using??

Quote Originally Posted by M. Herrmann View Post
    So what time zone are you using??
    Wise guy! To be perfectly anal and fair, it would have to be the time zone for each individual. If an east coaster comes in three hours before you at the same hour, then you two are equal.

I'm really hoping we won't have to exclude anyone.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Reminder: Registration opens tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec. 5. jlewenauer@gmail.com WT08 in the subject line. Name and address in the body, please.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Registration Update 12/14 :
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

While the technology/camaraderie aspect of the WinterTech session is worth coming for, this is the real attraction!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0002 (Large).JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	8548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0003 (Large).JPG 
Views:	282 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	8549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0006 (Large).JPG 
Views:	276 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	8550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0007 (Large).JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	8551  
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast