Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WinterTech 2008 Thread

Bruce Adams
    Yikes!!! ... has to be 20 inches on that picnic table. What have I gotten myself into. And I was planning on driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Adams View Post
    Yikes!!! ... has to be 20 inches on that picnic table. What have I gotten myself into. And I was planning on driving.
    This isn't the South, we know how to manage snow. The streets are down to the pavement and just wet.............................and SALTY!
    John Lewenauer - Newsletter Editor - Regional Director
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Bruce Adams
    Managing Snow!!!! Sounds like goverment "speak" for spending our tax dollars. I say, if it snows, stay home until spring & it melts. But that's easy for me to say.Looking forward to seeing the snow actually. It's been a few years.

RonRapp
    Bruce, don't forget your snow chains & snow shoes. You're going to need them!!!! For me I love snow, especially when in pictures. HaHaHa!!!! Oh one one thing, long johns!

John, somewhere in my California garage I have an old snow shovel I brought from my youthful days in Buffalo. Anyone know if a snow shovel is acceptable as a carry-on item?? I hate checking luggage!!!

RonRapp
    A snow shovel in Buffalo? What did you do with it, Clean the car off after the snow plow went through??? :-)

Bruce Adams
    Can you wear long johns under shorts? I think so. I only hope we don't embarrass John too much at the Country Club Sat nite.

RonRapp
    Is the Country Club Heated?

Quote Originally Posted by RonRapp View Post
    Is the Country Club Heated?
    I won't be embarrassed, we're having a toga party in the men's locker room.

Ron, are you coming? Haven't received your registration email.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

RonRapp
    Sorry John, It's to cold for these old bones. But looking forward to Italy in May. Hope you can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRapp View Post
    Sorry John, It's to cold for these old bones. But looking forward to Italy in May. Hope you can make it.
    Ron, the amount of time you'll be out in the cold will total minutes, and spread out at that. I went to pick up my daughter just now in slippers and no jacket. Newer cars heat up instantly and have seat warmers. They ain't no stinkin' 190 SLs!

Won't make Italy, can't take off that kind of time yet.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Gerry Lazo 56 190SL owner walazos's Avatar
    I am planning my trip and I wondering if I can catch a ride with someone who is going to have a car. I can get one if needed but I thought that the less cars the better. I can get to and from the airport. I just need rides to the events. I will contribute to the expense. I am of hearty Colorado stock so a cold car is fine.

Thanks
    Gerry Lazo
    56 190SL (6500870)

Depending on availability, Black Forest LLC will be providing cars also, their loaners that they use for daily business.

There should be a fair number of people with cars. I'll have three seats available in mine as will others. Several participants are planning to drive. Some are flying into O'hare (90+ minutes) rather than Mitchell (20 minutes) and will have cars. I'm also looking to book the hotel shuttle over the weekend for events. So, I think as we get closer to the event, we'll have a better idea of transportation logistics.

Just a reminder. The hotel rate of $85/night is good only until Jan. 15. If you're even thinking of coming, make your reservation. You can always cancel it. Be sure to reference 190 SL Group.

As an added bonus, heat will be provided in all facilities at no charge.
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Gerry Lazo 56 190SL owner walazos's Avatar
    John,

The club rate does not apply if you stay on Sunday night. I am going to stay Sunday to have a relaxed trip home.
    Gerry Lazo
    56 190SL (6500870)

Newsletter is out, there are about 20 spaces left. Hotel says eight people have registered, only 2 WEEKS left at the preferred room rate of I think $30 less a night at $85. Gerry, I was told you got the preferred rate for the extra night (Sun.). Michael is working hard to spiff up his additional new space for us. He's just about tripled the size of his shop. Updated registration list and original details below in PDF.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast