Thread: Laguna Conventin Picture Pages

Laguna Conventin Picture Pages

The Laguna Beach Convention picture pages have been posted and available for browsing. Thanks to Bill Ainsworth for his editing work and for everyone that contributed pictures. Click here to view.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Boxster 'S'; Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A; 1958 190SL "Frosty"

Jim,

Thank you for the hard work getting it all assembled. You did a Great job!

Pete S.
    Pete Schmid
    '61 190SL
    Tucson, AZ

Amazing how much activity and memories can be packed into a week. Bill - great event !

Walt Puryear

Jim, This is a fantastic collage of photos! We enjoyed every minute of this journey. Thanks for putting this together. Thanks ever so much to Linda and Bill Ainsworth.
    Last edited by Jack English; 10-31-2008 at 09:16 PM.
    Jack English
    1960 #15229 Since 1972
    1971 MBZ 300SEL 6.3 Since 1983
    1999 MBZ 430E Factory Delivery

Bill and Jim, great job on both your parts.
    John Lewenauer - Newsletter Editor - Regional Director
    1961 190 SL
    Click here to EMAIL me

Congratulations again to all those involved in this awsome event, Bill and Linda for all your hard (and detailed) work coordinating the convention, Jim for your cool collage of photographs, and last but not least to all you fine folk that participated, especially you fantastic folk that drove your beautiful 190SLs. Without your automobiles present the convention would not have been complete. This was my first convention and boy was I impressed. We are so blessed to have such great members in this fine organization.
    Richard J. Arnold
    1958 190SL
    Original Owner - Actor Yul Brynner

Jim,
    It still kills me that I couldn't be there, but the convention pages you put together are the next best thing. It gives all the folks that couldn't make it a feel for what a great time we missed!
    Thanks for the good job,
    Alan
    Alan Usher
    1958 190SL (Black/Red) 8501614
    1985 Porsche 930 (Black/Black)
    2001 BMW M3 (Black/Red)

Re: Laguna Conventin Picture Pages

My first subscription is about to expire and I'm undecided as to whether I want to renew it or not. Since I'm not a tech type person I'm not embarrassed to say that I find navigating this site to be annoying. For instance, earlier I stumbled across an item that interested me: Celebrities who owned 190SLs. I got off it and when I tried to go back on I couldn't find it. That annoys me, and makes me question if I should continue or not. There is what I term the assumption of equivalence, which means that because one person understands something that therefore it is safe to assume that others do as well. NOT SO. The prize should go to the person who can make things simpler, not more difficult. Why does whomever is in charge of such things make them complicated. I need simplicity, and I'm not embarrassed to say that I need it here, or I'm gone.

Re: Laguna Conventin Picture Pages

Frank .... Welcome and I hope that you hang around long enough to gain some enjoyment both out of this web site but from the club in general.

I am not sure what on the site makes it difficult for you. It is very hierarchical with a search feature that works best on a single word. Like your "Celebrities" thread, just do a search at the top left on "Celebrities" and you will find your threads.

The real value of the site is in conversations with other owners. Ask any question that interests you and members of the club will engage in the conversation and everyone should learn something. As you have found from the "Celebrities" thread, it does not need to be technical even though many of us have technical questions to resolve.
    Jim Villers
    1961 190SL, 230SL 5-speed, MGB 5-speed, Boxster 'S'; Porsche 356C; 1967 Porsche 911; 1950 Jeep CJ3A; 1958 190SL "Frosty"