Thread: Mercedes Benz STAR Classic Service Manual Library | Volume 4

Mercedes Benz STAR Classic Service Manual Library | Volume 4

Mercedes Benz STAR Classic Service Manual Library | Volume 4 for sale!

Program with basic technical information of repair manuals, maintenance and user of Mercedes Benz cars W100, W113, W121 and W198 Series manufactured between 1954 and 1972.

Re: Mercedes Benz STAR Classic Service Manual Library | Volume 4

So I bought these service manuals and parts catalog DVD. Having a devil of a time trying to use them. Can't seem to find a DVD that they all work on.
    Dave Brisbois
    Michigan
    56 190SL 6503924

Gerry Lazo 56 190SL owner walazos's Avatar

Dave

I have those discs. open them u s in a computer and a Internet explorer browser window.
    Gerry Lazo
    56 190SL (6500870)

Thanks for the post, I did finely figure out that my mac with safari wasn't going to work well in this case. What's really interesting is none of our laptops at work have dvd drives any more. It's all memory sticks or downloads.

I'm off to buy an external usb dvd drive for the laptop.

BTW have you found that (or do you know) if the disks have all of the information that was printed in the paper copies?
    Dave Brisbois
    Michigan
    56 190SL 6503924

They should have all the material, but in some instances they did a bad job of copying the originals. I also use a Mac and access the files directly in the folders of pdf's. The pdf's can contain multiple pages each, sometimes duplicate pages from one pdf to the next, and most importantly, there are pages left out.

I'm not sure when my copy was made or whether this has been corrected subsequently. I found this out printing out engine spec pages for my machinist. This would have been from the 190 general manual and maybe the 180-220SE supplement. I had to scan my hard copy for the missing pages.
    Henry Magno
    Ward Hill, MA
    978-372-1133 wk
    617-527-1613 hm
    henry@magnorestorations.com

So I'm going to print out all of the PDF's after I merge them and then compile a physical copy. I think it will be easier for me to have a hard copy for general usage. However, I'm a little difficulty in tracking the PDF"s on the DVD for their order. I printed what appears to be the TOC but the page numbering isn't making sense to me fully yet. Any one understand how their page numbering system worked?
    Dave Brisbois
    Michigan
    56 190SL 6503924

Smile Re: Mercedes Benz STAR Classic Service Manual Library | Volume 4

Ok, I figured out the page numbering... I'd like to confirm the approximate size of the Workshop manual and supplement. As far as I can see there isn't a page number throughout the book (like 1-9999). How many inches is the Work shop manual? How many inches is the supplement? I assume they are printed in book fashion. I'm trying to verify, in approximate terms, I've got the full manual.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave Brisbois
    Michigan
    56 190SL 6503924