Thread: Selling our 1957 190SL

Selling our 1957 190SL

Hello,

After long consideration, I'm selling our family's 1957 190SL. The car has been in our family since at least 1962 (first service record) but I assume it was bought new by my great uncle, who then passed it to my grandmother, then my mother, who gave it to me to restore about five years ago. Since then I've had the motor (Metric Motors), the transmission/shaft (Black Forest), and the Solexes (S&S/Will Samples) rebuilt/remanufactured, run through the car carefully and professionally reassembled. It runs and rides great.

Other parts like fuel lines, brakes, shock absorbers, gas tank, starter, floor mats, tires, etc. were replaced, and with OEM Mercedes whenever possible from 190SL Autohaus. All original parts were kept, even if worn, with the exception of engine internals. In the mechanical rebuild, all bolts, washers, etc. were cleaned and re-used where possible to keep originality as intact as possible. The car is quite complete, with the original tool kit, spare, and jack included. Documentation like the original owners manual, service record book and service manual and supplement (blue books) also come with the car. I also have a couple things like a horsehair seat for the driver's side and a custom, brand-new cover.

I left the cosmetic restoration as the final step - everything is original, including the paint, interior, etc. The gray leather interior is showing its age, and the seats need to be recovered. The hard top is sound but was covered in canvas that needs updating or removal. The car is structurally rust-free with the exception of a small patch above the drivers-side rear tire well, which is documented in the pictures. I love the car, but unfortunately I have other priorities right now.

Please send an email to pjrishel@gmail.com if you're interested.

Photos can be viewed at https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...o1?usp=sharing If you'd like to see more angles or details, let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7129 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	31898

Thanks,

Pete Rishel
    Last edited by pjrishel; 02-10-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Re: Selling our 1957 190SL

Very interested could you please call me 443-400-9119

This would make for a good driver

Looks like a great driver, does it have a soft top? If not experts can I find one to fit? I live in San Diego and want to use as a daily driver nothing more not too much highway use.
    2007 Escalade EXT,1965 Porsche C Sunroof, 2003 Convertible Corvette,2009 Lexus convertible, 2001 Mercedes Benz 500SL,2009 Porsche Cayenne,1973 Dodge Challenger,1998 Convertible BMW 328I...Yes my wife hates me...Old guy that took 31 years to get his red Porsche Sunroof back.

There’s always one on eBay $5 to $7K to match the condition of this driver.

All, this car is sold.

Thanks,

Pete Rishel

Congratulations